Some careers require only associate degrees (equivalent to the first two years of a college education). These include: physical therapist assistants, dental hygienists, forensic technicians, veterinary technologists and technicians, diagnostic medical sonographers, occupational therapist assistants, cardiovascular technologists and technicians, paralegals and legal assistants. Considering that only a two year degree is required for these jobs, they are well-paid and acim podcast.
10 Predictions About Online Education in 2007
1. Online education programs will continue to grow and expand. More programs will be offered online to earn online degrees and those programs currently offered will grow to include additional areas of study.
2. Technology will advance. Technology is continually improving and replacing older technologies. More options will gradually become available to students as online education access speeds up – such as online access to evaluations of their homework, etc.
3. Costs will decrease. As more online education programs evolve, competition will increase, and costs to students will decrease.
4. New degree programs will develop. New degree programs, related to online education will develop. Such programs might include: online student counseling, online education site debate/discussion host, etc.
5. More students will enroll in online education programs. Each year the enrollment in programs continues to increase and will continue to do so. More than 1.6 million students took at least one online course in 2002. In 2003, 1.9 million students took online courses. In 2004, more than 2.3 million students enrolled. In 2005, the number of online learners increased to almost 3.2 million students. (Source: Making the Grade: Online Education in the United States, 2006, Sloan Consortium)
6. Specialized programs will begin to emerge. Special online programs for students with learning disabilities will begin to emerge to encourage these students to attend online education programs.